USE OF THE HUB
- We are the owner or the licensee of all intellectual property rights on CATCH and Bounce, and in the material published on it. Those works are protected by copyright laws and treaties around the world. All such rights are reserved.
- You may print off one copy, and may download extracts, of any page(s) from the Hub for your personal use. You must not modify the paper or digital copies of any materials you have printed off or downloaded in any way, and you must not use any illustrations, photographs, video or audio sequences or any graphics separately from any accompanying text.
- Our status (and that of any identified contributors) as the authors of content on the Hub must always be acknowledged.
- You must not use any part of the content on the Hub for commercial purposes without obtaining a licence to do so from us or our licensors.
- You must not rely on information available on the Hubs. The content on the Hubs is provided for general information only. It is not intended to amount to advice on which you should rely. You must obtain professional or specialist advice before taking (whether from us or another professional), or refraining from, any action on the basis of the content on the Hubs. Although we make reasonable efforts to review the information on the Hubs, we make no representations, warranties or guarantees, whether express or implied, that the content on the Hubs is accurate, complete or up to date.
- CATCH – User generated content is not approved by us. CATCH may include information and materials uploaded by other users, including to forums and chat rooms. This information and these materials have not been verified or approved by us. The views expressed by other users on CATCH do not represent our views or values.
- CATCH – When you upload content to CATCH and the rights you grant us. Whenever you make use of a feature that allows you to upload content to CATCH, or to make contact with other users, you must comply with the content and safeguarding provisions set out in these terms and our Policies.
- You warrant that any such contribution complies with our terms and Policies, and you will be liable to us and indemnify us for any breach of that warranty. This means you will be responsible for any loss or damage we suffer as a result of your breach of warranty.
- Any content you upload to CATCH will be considered non-confidential and non-proprietary. You retain all of your ownership rights in your content, but you are required to grant us a limited licence to use, store and copy that content and to distribute and make it available to third parties.
- When you upload or post content to CATCH, you grant us the following rights to use that content:
- a worldwide, non-exclusive, royalty-free, transferable licence to use, reproduce, distribute, prepare derivative works of, display, and perform that user-generated content in connection with the Service provided by CATCH and across different media including to promote CATCH and its services forever.
- We also have the right to disclose your identity to any third party who is claiming that any content posted or uploaded by you to CATCH constitutes a violation of their intellectual property rights, or of their right to privacy.
- We have the right to disable your account and terminate your subscription and/or remove any posting you make on CATCH if, in our opinion, your post does not comply with the content standards set out in our Policies.
- You are solely responsible for securing and backing up your content.
- We are not responsible for viruses and you must not introduce them. We do not guarantee that the Hubs or any of our Services will be secure or free from bugs or viruses. You are responsible for configuring your information technology, computer programmes and platform to access the Hubs. You should use your own virus protection software.
- You must not misuse the Hubs by knowingly introducing viruses, trojans, worms, logic bombs or other material that is malicious or technologically harmful. You must not attempt to gain unauthorised access to the Hubs, the server on which the Hubs are stored or any server, computer or database connected to our website. You must not attack the Hubs or our websites via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of service attack. By breaching this provision, you would commit a criminal offence under the Computer Misuse Act 1990. We will report any such breach to the relevant law enforcement authorities and we will co-operate with those authorities by disclosing your identity to them. In the event of such a breach, your right to use the Hubs will stop immediately.
- Linking to the Hubs. You must obtain our written consent to include any links to CATCH, Bounce and our services. This can be requested by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or bounce@email@example.com. We reserve the right to require links to be removed if we believe it is not in our interest.
- We are not responsible for websites we link to. We may provide links to other organisations for your convenience. This does not signify that we endorse or approve the linked website(s) or information you may obtain from them and we cannot guarantee or be responsible for their content or accessibility. We recommend you read their privacy policies and terms and conditions. We have no control over the contents of such sites or resources.
- We retain all rights in our intellectual property. The CATCH and Bounce logos and other logos associated with PACT’s services may not be used without our prior written consent. Requests to use our trademarks should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The Hubs contain material which is owned by or licensed to PACT. Copyright material includes, but is not limited to, trademarks, information, publications, images, videos, and the design, layout and appearance of the website. Some information, materials or photos on the Hubs may be the property of another copyright owner, used here with their permission, and must not be used without their consent.
- No part of the Hubs may be reproduced, framed or stored in any other website or included in any public or private electronic retrieval system or service without our prior written consent.
- You may use the Hubs only for lawful purposes. You may not use the Hubs:
- In any way that breaches any applicable local, national or international law or regulation;
- In any way that is unlawful or fraudulent or has any unlawful or fraudulent purpose or effect;
- For the purpose of harming or attempting to harm minors in any way;
- To bully, insult, intimidate or humiliate any person;
- To send, knowingly receive, upload, download, use or re-use any material which does not comply with our content standards and Policies;
- To transmit, or procure the sending of, any unsolicited or unauthorised advertising or promotional material or any other form of similar solicitation (spam); or
- To knowingly transmit any data, send or upload any material that contains viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time-bombs, keystroke loggers, spyware, adware or any other harmful programs or similar computer code designed to adversely affect the operation of any computer software or hardware including the use of bots.
You also agree:
- Not to access without authority, interfere with, damage or disrupt:
- any part of the Hubs or our website;
- any equipment or network on which the Hubs are stored;
- any software used in the provision of the Hubs; or
- any equipment or network or software owned or used by any third party.
- Interactive services. Where we provide interactive services on the Hubs, including, without limitation: web chat and forums. (Currently only on CATCH)
- We will provide clear information to you about the kind of service offered through our interactive services, if it is moderated and what form of moderation is used (including whether it is human or technical).
- We will do our best to assess any possible risks for users related to the use of the interactive service provided on CATCH, and we will decide in each case whether it is appropriate to use moderation (including what kind of moderation to use) in the light of those risks. However, we are under no obligation to oversee, monitor or moderate any interactive service we provide on CATCH, and we expressly exclude our liability for any loss or damage arising from the use of any interactive service by a user in contravention of our content standards and/or Policies, whether the service is moderated or not.
- The use of the Hub and any of our interactive services by a minor is prohibited.
- Where we do moderate an interactive service, we will normally provide you with a means of contacting the moderator, should a concern or difficulty arise.
- CATCH – Content standards. These content standards and Policies apply to any and all material which you contribute to CATCH (“Contribution”), and to any interactive services associated with it.
- These content standards must be complied with in spirit as well as to the letter. The standards apply to each part of any Contribution as well as to its whole.
- PACT will determine, in its discretion, whether a Contribution breaches the Content Standards.
- A Contribution must:
- Be accurate (where it states facts);
- Be genuinely held (where it states opinions); and
- Comply with the law applicable in England and Wales and in any country from which it is posted.
- A Contribution must not:
- Disclose the identity of any users or children;
- Be defamatory of any person;
- Be obscene, offensive, hateful or inflammatory;
- Bully, insult, intimidate or humiliate;
- Promote sexually explicit material;
- Include child sexual abuse material;
- Promote violence;
- Promote discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age;
- Infringe any copyright, database right or trade mark of any other person;
- Be likely to deceive any person;
- Breach any legal duty owed to a third party, such as a contractual duty or a duty of confidence;
- Promote any illegal content or activity;
- Be in contempt of court;
- Be threatening, abuse or invade another’s privacy, or cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety;
- Be likely to harass, upset, embarrass, alarm or annoy any other person;
- Impersonate any person or misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person;
- Give the impression that the Contribution emanates from PACT, if this is not the case;
- Advocate, promote, incite any party to commit, or assist any unlawful or criminal act such as (by way of example only) copyright infringement or computer misuse;
- Contain a statement which you know or believe, or have reasonable grounds for believing, that members of the public to whom the statement is, or is to be, published are likely to understand as a direct or indirect encouragement or other inducement to the commission, preparation or instigation of acts of terrorism; or
- Contain any advertising or promote any services or products.
- Breach of our content standards and Policies. When we consider that a breach has occurred, we may take such action as we deem appropriate.
Failure to comply with our content standards and Policies constitutes a material breach of these terms and may result in our taking all or any of the following actions:
- Immediate, temporary or permanent withdrawal of your right to use the Hubs and your subscription;
- Immediate, temporary or permanent removal of any Contribution uploaded by you to CATCH;
- Issue of a warning to you;
- Legal proceedings against you for reimbursement of all costs on an indemnity basis (including, but not limited to, reasonable administrative and legal costs) resulting from the breach;
- Further legal action against you;
- Disclosure of such information to law enforcement authorities as we reasonably feel is necessary or as required by law; and
- We exclude our liability for all action we may take in response to breaches of our content standards and Policies. The actions we may take are not limited to those described above, and we may take any other action we reasonably deem appropriate.
- User Accounts.
Your account details are confidential. When you create an account with CATCH or Bounce you will be required to create a username and password. You must keep this information confidential and you must not disclose it or share it with anyone else.
You will be responsible for all activities that occur with your user account. If you suspect someone else has access to your password, please change it immediately using the password reset function on the website and let us know as soon as possible if your account has been compromised.
Our rights to end the contract
We may suspend and/or end the contract if you break it. We may suspend and/or end the contract for Services at any time by writing to you if:
- you share your username and/or password with someone else; or
- you breach these terms and conditions or any of our Policies;
- there are concerns regarding your behaviour on the Hubs or serious safeguarding concerns arise.
- Your feedback is important to us.
We need to know if our services are being provided effectively and if we are meeting your needs. Please let us know if our staff or services have been helpful by calling 0300 456 4800 or emailing us at email@example.com.
If you are unhappy with any part of our service, please let us know and we will try to settle the matter as soon as possible.